Welcome to O.D. Fridays at DonorDreams blog. Every Friday for the foreseeable future we will be looking more closely at a recent post from John Greco’s blog called “johnponders ~ about life at work, mostly” and applying his organizational development messages to the non-profit community.
I am trying something new this Friday with John’s organizational development blog post. Please take a moment and ask yourself the following few questions:
- Are you trying to build organizational development capacity? Are you a small organization who is trying to get bigger?
- Are you experiencing a staffing issue? Is one of your employees not fitting in well with the rest of the team? Or are they experiencing performance issues?
- Are you adding a new program or a new service location?
- Are you contracting your organization and eliminating programs and service locations?
- Have you hired a consultant to help your agency with something?
- Is your organization’s board of directors disengaged?
As I read John’s post titled “Pieces / Parts,” I found all of these questions racing through my head as potential springboard themes for my post this morning.
So, here is what I propose we do this week. If you answered ‘YES’ to any of the above questions, please click here and go read John’s post.
As you read his long and systemic post, I know you are going to have an epiphany about something happening at your agency regarding organizational development. When that happens, please jump back here and share your thoughts in the comment section below.
Are you a systemic thinker? If not, where are you going to find that person to help you with your quest of repairing, improving or building your car . . . errrrr, I mean . . . your non-profit organization?
We can all learn from each other.
Here’s to your health!
Founder & President, The Healthy Non-Profit LLC